Will Price - 5/12/07 and Sam Price 4/18/09

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Boy or Girl?

So is this little monster a girl or a boy? That's the second question I get asked - it's always, "When are you due?" followed by, "Are you going to find out the sex?"

I went back and forth on this one for a while, but realized in reality, I'm too impatient not to find out. Plus, I think JP needs some time to adjust if it is a girl.

So is it a girl? When I first found out we were expecting, I had an overwhelming feeling that it is a girl. In my first dream about the baby she was a girl, first an infant, then a toddler, then a 13-year-old playing soccer. Her name was Zoe (which, incidentally, is not currently on our name list).

In my subsequent dreams, she's been all different ages, and usually named Maya (again, not on the list).

But those dreams stopped about a month and a half ago. Since then, the feeling that it's a girl has diminished as well. However, other signs that it's a girl:

1) Mom has been very nauseous. Mom is still nauseous. Ugh.
2) Mom cannot eat meat. Mom cannot look at meat. Mom almost can't type "meat." Though a rotisserie chicken from Safeway worked last week, and (uh oh) so did a cheesburger for lunch yesterday...and fries...
3) The Chinese calendar (based on age of Mom at delivery and due date) says Female.
4) The, ahem, time of conception, without going into detail, would favor female.

The good thing is that Josh said he really doesn't care what it is. As long as it's a linebacker.

So stay tuned - December 19th we'll hopefully know what color to paint the nursery.

Oh yeah, and on the name list - Fisher if it's a boy, Condolezza if it's a girl. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home