Will Price - 5/12/07 and Sam Price 4/18/09

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Yes, He Has Dropped

We had our 36-week appointment yesterday and learned some really fun information about Baby Price.

First, he's head down! I had a feeling he had flipped because I've been seeing a foot protruding from just under my right rib every now and then. He actually kicked one of the cats this morning - I'm not sure if he meant to or not, but it scared the daylights out of the cat.

Second, he's facing the wrong way! Our little guy is what they call sunny side up. This means he needs to spin, or labor and delivery become much more difficult.

This explains the back pain I've been having. I had back surgery about a year and a half ago, so I've been very lucky (and surprised) not to have any back pain until now. Unfortunately, the last week or so has been different - sciatic pain on both sides.

Third, his head is VERY low, which has caused me to start "progressing." No graphic info here, but the midwife said she would be very surprised if we make it to our due date. I'm ok with that - every step is a challenge right now. She thinks he'll be here in the next two weeks.

Finally, she estimates that he's about 6 1/2 pounds now, and will probably be around 7 or so when he's born. That sounds about perfect to me. Josh was 6 something when he was born, and I was 7 / 11. This is a relief because if he started to get too big, I was going to have to start smoking.

So in summary - I'm uncomfortable. I suppose it's about time. I've been lucky until now. I also have a cold, though, so I'm hoping to just get some rest this weekend and attack my LAST week of work with new energy on Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home