Sam Update

He is just one happy baby. Seriously. He just smiles and laughs all the time, especially at his mommy and daddy and ESPECIALLY at his big brother.
Sam will be six months old next week, which I can't believe. Like I posted earlier, he is up on all fours, rocking back and forth. He rolls immediately from his back to his tummy, but seems to have forgotten how to roll back onto his back, so he gets stuck.
Sam finally started sleeping in his crib this week. He was just stubborn and didn't want to leave Mommy's side. Ok, well, he actually had nothing to do with it - I just wasn't ready to give up having him right beside me. But the morning I woke up to him up on all fours peering over the side of the bassinet, I knew it was time. I miss him, but he is enjoying his new space and started sleeping on his tummy on his second night of freedom.
Otherwise, he loves to scream and babble and blow bubbles. He sings in his bouncy-bounce and sometimes in the car. I think he realizes it's going to be tough to get words in edge-wise with his older brother around.
His eyes are still gray on some days, green on others, and are showing no signs of turning brown. I'm still breastfeeding him, though he usually gets one bottle a day when he's home just to get him to sleep better. He's starting to get fuzzy hair, which looks like some combination of red and blonde. He has one of his daddy's dimples in his left cheek.
Overall, I am feeling like one lucky, lucky mommy. He's just about the perfect baby.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home