Will Price - 5/12/07 and Sam Price 4/18/09

Sunday, December 03, 2006

More Thoughts on Gender

Over Thanksgiving weekend, we traveled down to So Cal to see Josh's family. They have a Nanny who has been with them for 30+ years named Delia. We hadn't told Delia that we are expecting, but she took one look at me and said:

"You are pregnant. I can tell because your body looks different. And it is a boy. I have an eye for these things."

She also told Josh's cousin Jen, who is two weeks ahead of us, that she is having a girl.

Another data point - we had a doctor's appointment last week and got to hear the heartbeat for the first time (we've seen it on the ultrasound screen three times now, but have never actually heard it). The midwife said, "That's a boy heartbeat!" - it was 135 bpm. I guess there's an old wives tale that boys have lower heartbeats than girls.

So now I'm starting to think this might be a boy. Or a very mellow girl. Just like her mom. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home